Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Financial fitness

This is not a typical subject which I have posted about in this blog.  However, lately I have been giving a lot of thought to "financial fitness".  One of my goals for the upcoming year is to practice more self-control when it comes to finances.  Although I do not think of myself as a big spender, I need to work on limiting my day to day spontaneous purchases. 

I must confess, I love coffee.  When I am running around town and drive past a Dunkin Donuts, I cannot resist the urge to pull up to the drive through to get a coffee to go.  And while it is okay to treat myself once in awhile, this should not be a daily event.  I have stocked up on my favorite Dunkin Donuts coffee and I will bring a refillable mug with me when I leave the house.  If I start to save all the money I could have spent on "convenience coffee", I could start planning my next cruise.   Yes, I am proud of myself, I have gone almost a week without giving into the temptation.

I also love keeping up with the latest fashions and going window shopping. But from now on, I will limit my visits to the mall to when I actually need, and not just want, something.  The next time I have the urge, instead I will go to the gym and burn off the excess energy taking exercise classes!

My goal for the year ahead is to practice more self control so that I can save more for the things that my family and I really want.  A little bit of planning can go a long way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment