Pages

My Blog List

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Trials and Tribulations

The last couple of years were very emotionally painful and the reason why I have not been active in this blog.   I slipped up and gained some weight during the past year. One reason it is so important for me to continue posting updates is that it is cathartic and forces me to remain accountable.  I am relieved I only had a few pounds to lose and that the challenge was not insurmountable.  I developed a couple of bad habits due to stress which led to the recent changes on the scale.  I am very happy I have since lost the weight and have learned something valuable from the experience.

I had a few "clarifying moments" when it became crystal clear and I knew what I had to do. Mom knew how much posting in this blog meant to me and was my most ardent supporter.  She would have wanted me to face this challenge head on until I was satisfied I had reached my goal.  I am grateful for the support of family and the encouragement from my trainer that yes, these results were attainable.  I was surprised to discover that one bad habit in particular had been the cause of my recent weight gain.   Recognizing this and making some needed changes, I achieved the results I had been hoping for fairly quickly.  Lesson learned.  Sometimes we don't even realize the negative consequences associated with our bad habits until we begin changing them. And for me, this knowledge was empowering.  I am not going down this road again.

"You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, I release the need for this in my life." ~  Dr. Wayne W. Dyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment