Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Staying young means never giving up on your dreams

Have you ever thought about what would be your dream job? Do you have a dream that you wish could become a reality? I have thought a lot lately about goals and ambitions and what I might try to do in the future.  I have been giving some thought to trying to become a licensed physical trainer during the less busy time of year for me at work.  It would be great to have the opportunity to work on the weekends at a fitness facility doing what I enjoy and love.  I am a numbers gal, but health and fitness is my real passion.  As my hours are part time during the late spring and summer, I would have the time to take on this new challenge.  I am heading into tax season and my schedule during the next few months will be very busy.

Are there any thoughts on the different trainer certification programs that are available? I am just beginning to research the topic and would appreciate any feedback that you might have.  Life is so short and it would be a shame to miss out on opportunities.  I don't want to look back at my life and have regrets.  It makes me think of the expression  "When one door closes another one opens; but we so often so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us".  While I have the youthfulness and energy, I know this is the time to pursue goals.

There are so many wonderful and inspiring people and I am blown away by their achievements later in life.   I may no longer be 20 years old, but I believe what keeps us youthful is to never stop learning and growing.  If anyone has a story to share about a goal or ambition they have achieved, I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment