Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our family vacation to Orlando, Florida


Our family was long overdue for a vacation.  The last time we visited Orlando was 4 years ago when my husband traveled to the area for business.  Our stay was brief and  that being said, we did not visit many of the sights we would have liked.  The picture below was taken at the Typhoon Lagoon water park.


The beautiful sunny weather was therapeutic.  The most enjoyable part of going to the Disney parks was enjoying long walks outside in the mild and sunny weather.  It is what I look forward to most as winter comes to an end in Buffalo.


The world showcase in Epcot was a highlight of the vacation.  Eleven countries are represented in the showcase. There is a transition from one country to the next one as you make the walk around the lagoon.


The picture below was taken in the United Kingdom English tea garden section.


The fireworks show held nightly in Epcot called IllumiNations is truly spectacular.  If you are planning a visit to Epcot, I would highly recommend it.


I do not tolerate thrill rides because I get motion sickness.  I loved the Animal Kingdom park because there were many activities that I could do with my family. 


I especially enjoyed the Kiliminjaro Safaris attraction which was a ride in an open-air vehicle providing an up close view of exotic animals.


The tour guide pointed out the various animals we encountered and shared interesting information about the wildlife during the ride.


The Festival of the Lion King show was a special treat.  My family and I enjoyed the music and stunts in this live action performance.


I enjoyed walking around the Downtown Disney area and checking out the shops.  My son, a music lover, coaxed us into eating at the House of Blues for dinner during one of the nights of our stay.


We enjoyed watching the musicians perform outdoors during the evenings in the Downtown Disney area.  One night we watched Gerardo Manrique, a talented guitarist perform.  He has recorded for several popular artists including the Miami Sound Machine and John Secada.  My son, a guitarist, was very impressed by his talent.


Packing to return home from our vacation was bittersweet.  We had a wonderful time and it was just what the doctor ordered.


Maybe it's time to start planning our next Florida vacation! I could really see myself feeling right at home if I ever moved here...

No comments:

Post a Comment