Pages

My Blog List

Friday, October 14, 2011

Toastmasters anyone?

Is there one thing you always wished you were a little better at? Something that could enhance your life but is very difficult for you?

One thing I have always struggled with is public speaking.  If I am with only one or 2 people, it is not an issue.  But whenever I am in a room with a larger crowd, I have a very difficult time joining in the conversation.  Writing is completely different.  I think this is because I have time to formulate my thoughts and make adjustments as I go along.

It's not that I do not wish to join in the conversation. I enjoy listening to people talk about their experiences .  The difficult part for me is that my shyness can be misinterpreted.  It is not that I am not interested in the discussion.   I never intuitively know the right time to jump in.  Sometimes I will have a thought, but before I can formulate the words to express it, the topic has changed!  I know funny, but this is something I have always struggled with.

This is one of the reasons I love writing this blog.  It is an opportunity for me to express my ideas and opinions in a public forum.  I have the time to carefully plan each posting and what I am trying to say.  I am writing about a subject that is very near and dear to my heart.  I know from personal experience how much better I feel when I incorporate exercise and a healthy diet in my daily routine.  Sharing my ideas and personal struggles with others passionate about health and fitness helps keep me motivated to stay in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment