Pages

My Blog List

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lightened Up Fettucine Alfredo


I love fettucine alfredo, but normally it's something I would never eat because of all the fat and calories.  I tried to come up with something we could enjoy, minus the guilt. This recipe does not use butter or regular cream.  I used chicken broth for flavor and olive oil instead of butter.  It still is creamy and my family enjoyed it.  This recipe yields 4 servings at about 241 calories per serving.

Lightened up Fettucine Alfredo

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup fat free half and half
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
Half package of whole wheat fettucine pasta

I used a spice grinder to chop the fresh parsley.


Prepare the chicken broth.  Add the half and half, parmesan, fresh parsley, olive oil, and sour cream.  Heat to a low boil and remove from heat.


Boil the pasta as the package directs and drain.


Add the pasta back to the pot and add the sauce.  Stir to combine.


Serve immediately.


This recipe yields 4 servings at 241 calories each.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment