Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Challenges to Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle

I think we all have weaknesses when it comes to sticking to a healthy routine.  I know what mine are.  Sometimes it is the little voice in my head telling me to take a break from the gym. Or just to have a taste of that sugary and tasty treat on the menu when I eat out. There are going to be times when we slip up.  Do not let these moments defeat or define you.  Simply make the most of it, move on and pick up where you left off. 

I will be honest.  I do not keep a food diary.  I think it is probably very helpful for many people especially as they begin a new diet plan. It helps to determine what your emotional triggers are and why you are eating.  When I first started to watch my weight, I ate many lean cuisine meals because I knew I would not be consuming too many calories.  As I became more confident I would maintain my weight loss, I have taken a more proactive role in preparing healthier meals for my family.  I consistently eat a similar breakfast and lunch every day.  I have found what works and I stick with it. My daily diet includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean healthy proteins, low fat dairy products, no junk food, no white flour, and strictly whole wheat flour breads and grains. I love cereals, but I monitor very closely the amount of carbs and sugar grams per serving.

I look forward to my occasional trips to the mall for Yogen Fruz yogurt.  The ladies behind the counter know me well and laugh when they see me coming.  And suprisingly they remember my order every time.  Coffee flavored yogurt mix with the no fat no sugar added vanilla, no dark chocolate added to the mix, and crushed almonds.  Yummy, I can taste it now! What's your favorite indulgence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment