Pages

My Blog List

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oat Bran Blueberry Pancakes


Last weekend I made some oat bran blueberry pancakes for my family.  I followed a healthy whole grain recipe made with whole wheat flour, wheat germ and oat bran (adapted from Pinch my Salt).  My family really enjoyed these pancakes.  They were so delicious for a minute we had forgotten we were eating healthy!  One serving with sugar free syrup as pictured has approximately 343 calories. 

Oat Bran Blueberry Pancakes

1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons light Brown Sugar (I used Splenda)
1 and 1/2 cups lowfat milk
1/2 cup fat free Sour cream
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 cups blueberries

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar (or splenda).  Set aside.


In a medium sized bowl, mix together milk, sour cream, and eggs.   Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients stirring until just combined.  Stir in oil and blueberries.  Let batter sit for 10 minutes.


Scoop batter onto preheated and greased skillet.  I used nonstick cooking spray with just a little amount of vegetable oil.  You will know when to flip pancakes when the edges are dry and bubbles are starting to form on the batter.


Yields 5 servings at about 343 calories/serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment