Pages

My Blog List

Friday, April 13, 2012

Exploring the local sights with my family


I love when the warmer spring weather arrives and we can take walks in our area to explore the sights.  Today we took a drive to historic North Tonawanda to walk around the downtown area.  This city is known as "The Lumber City".  It was at one time the largest port on the Great Lakes during the height of the Erie canal.  During our walk we passed by the historic Riviera Theatre on Webster Street.


There is a large mural on the rear side of the building.  My son and I had recently attended a Zoso concert (The Led Zeppelin tribute band) here.

There are a lot of interesting antique shops which we passed by during our walk through the downtown area.  Our kids got a kick out of many of the window displays.


We stopped for lunch at a local restaurant.  I enjoyed a southwestern grilled chicken salad.  The food was very good.


Before resuming our walk outside we relaxed and enjoyed snacks and drinks.


I love our day trips during the spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment