Pages

My Blog List

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Walk down Main Street in my Hometown

I love my frequent visits to Port Washington, NY (on Long Island) to visit my family.  I enjoy taking walks on Main Street down to the town dock.  The weather is always milder than Buffalo, NY.  During my visit last week the temperatures had been in the high 60's and the low 70's. 


My first stop is usually the Dunkin Donuts on Main Street across from the train station for a large coffee and to say hello to my friends.  They remember how I like my coffee even though I only visit several times a year.


This is the train station in Port Washington on Main Street.  Sometimes I travel to Long Island by taking the Amtrak from Buffalo to Penn Station.  Then I can just take the LIRR to the Port Washington Station.


One of the things I love the most about my hometown is how easy it is to walk around and how most everything is within walking distance.  There are many interesting shops and restaurants to eat at along the way. 


There are fashionable and trendy clothing stores.  The stores are different and have changed since I have lived here.  It is a lot of fun to window shop.


This is a table at a mexican restaurant which is nearby the train station on Main Street. 


A beautiful tree is in bloom at the town tock when I visited.  My parents have the same type of tree in their yard and I know the beautiful blooms do not last very long.


I pass Louie's which you might remember as the restaurant "Surf and Turf" in a scene from the movie "Meet the Parents" with Ben Stiller and Teri Polo.  The auto chase scene had also been filmed in Port Washington.


It is nice to eat outside during the summer here and have a nice view of Manhasset Bay and the town dock.


I walk a bit further down Main Street and pass what is now a nightclub where my husband and I had met 25 years earlier.  This year we will celebrate our 24th year wedding anniversary.  The nightclub at the time we met had been called "Nicole's".  It has since changed ownership and is now operating under a new name.


I love my hometown and I look forward to my visits. I say goodbye until we meet again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment