Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, July 19, 2012

25th Year College Reunion

The week finally arrived to attend my 25th year college reunion.  My family and I packed up the car and made the 7 hour drive to Plattsburgh from Buffalo, NY.  When I arrived I was anxious to explore the downtown area to see how it has changed.


I stopped for a bite at a local Mexican restaurant and sampled the chicken fajitas.


My son, a pizza lover, sampled the local fare.  This restaurant was not here the year I graduated.  I discovered they opened a year later in 1988 after speaking with the owners.


It took awhile to settle in that wow, it really has been 25 years since I left this place.


My favorite part was the opportunity to mix and mingle at the coordinated events planned for the alumni.


It was wonderful to be able to reconnect with friends I haven't seen for so many years. I am glad I made the effort to attend.


My family and I enjoyed seeing the sights.  The weather was beautiful and summer was the perfect time for a visit.


We enjoyed an outdoor concert in the park, there were many activities going on downtown.


A visit with my friend from Dunkin Donuts while we waited for the fireworks display.


An awesome show of lights not to be missed, I love my college town.


A wave goodbye to our college mascot.  I look forward to making the trip back again for my 30th reunion!


Thanks for the memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment