Pages

My Blog List

Friday, March 30, 2012

25th Year College Reunion Planning

I have been recruited to chair my Alma Mater's 25th college reunion taking place this summer.  I wonder if there is anything I could do to muster the enthusiasm of classmates to attend.  College graduation was a lifetime ago.  And how much we all have changed since then.  I don't mind stepping up, but it is a monumental challenge given the amount of time which has passed and the fact many graduates are no longer living within driving distance.  I can't imagine what would motivate alumnae to travel any great distance to return for the event.

In many ways it is bittersweet.  My daughter is about to begin her first semester of college in the fall.  She has narrowed her choices down to 2 great Universities within the state.   Given the high cost of education at the private colleges, the public colleges and Universities in New York (SUNY) are a wonderful value.  This is the reason why I am stepping up to chair the event.  It will be fun to return to the college, although my family had visited last summer when my daughter took a campus tour.  She will not follow in my footsteps, as her academic strengths are much more technical.

Now if I could only break this down into smaller more manageable steps like I did when I studied and passed the CPA exam 2 years ago.  I have been encouraged to contact fellow alumni to try to encourage them to attend.  Any suggestions, I am not even sure where to start! I have to pinch myself when I realize how many years have passed since graduation from college.  Twenty five years this May, I can't believe it!  Because I certainly do not feel that old...

No comments:

Post a Comment