Pages

My Blog List

Saturday, March 10, 2012

A good nights sleep, what's that?

My biggest challenge is trying to cram everything I need to get done in a day and still make it to bed by a decent hour.  I confess, I relish the late evenings when the house is quiet and I can finally just sit down and have some "me time".  Yesterday is a perfect example.  It was my day off from work and the day started with a trip to the grocery store.  Which for a family of 5 is always a time consuming task.  And no matter how organized I think I am with a list of what I need to buy, there are always things I forget! 

The next thing on my agenda was going to the gym for a zumba class followed by weight training.  At about 3 PM I went to the mall to window shop and blow off steam.  By the time I got home it was 6 PM and I spent 3-4 hours thoroughly cleaning the house.  I can't even imagine how things would change if I was working full time.  I enjoy my part time schedule of 3 days a week because it keeps things in balance with my family and work schedule.

After my kids went to bed by 10:30 PM, I just wanted to spend an hour or so zoning out in front of the computer.  So I got to bed by 11:30 PM.  The problem is that I can't sleep in on weekends past 6 AM due to my internal clock.  Now I am feeling sleep deprived!  On work days, fohgetabout it.  By the time I make dinner, get to the gym, and help the kiddos with their homework, I am lucky to hit the hay by 11:00 PM.  My goal today is to get to bed by 10 PM and it doesn't help that we need to set the clocks forward an hour for Daylight Savings time!

How about you, do you sometimes feel like you are running on empty? What strategies help you to get a better nights sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment