Pages

My Blog List

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe


 I recently had a barbeque with some friends and tried out this recipe.  I spotted this recipe on the allrecipes website.  My friends and I loved it so I thought I would pass it along.  We enjoyed this with barbequed steaks on the grill, perfect for a summer day.

Corn and Black Bean Cilantro Salad
  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 6 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Combine the lime juice, olive oil, clove garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in a jar.  Shake until well mixed.  Combine fresh vegetables, black beans and cilantro.  Pour dressing over the mixture and stir.  I would strongly recommend adding the cilantro, it gave this recipe a wonderful flavor.  Refrigerate overnight and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment