Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Staying fit and active with your partner.

I couldn't imagine what my life would be like if I didn't have a supportive spouse.  My husband and I encourage each other in our committment to eating healthy and exercising.  He is willing to try new foods when I prepare a healthy new recipe.    I have even talked him into trying the Morningstar veggie bacon strips instead of regular bacon when I make scrambled eggs.  He is willing to experiment and try vegetarian meatless entrees with me.  It is not to say that we don't enjoy a nice juicy steak once in awhile.

We both share an interest in staying fit.  We have been going to the gym together in the mornings before work.  We do different types of workouts, he is a runner and I either walk briskly on the treadmill or do aerobics and zumba classes.  We also both enjoy lifting weights. I know how easy it would be to fall into bad habits if we didn't encourage one another. There are days when we both wake up tired and decide to take a break and not go to the gym.  I just know never to let one day turn into 3, 4, or 5 more days. It becomes a lot more difficult to get motivated to go back after a long absence. 

Suggestions on ways to stay active and fit with your partner.

  •  Plan healthy menu options that you will both enjoy.
  •  Go to the gym and exercise together during the week.
  •  Try a new exercise class that looks fun which you both haven't tried.
  •  Compliment and encourage your partner when s/he has achieved fitness goals.
  •  Plan a weekend getaway at a resort where you can hike, bike, golf, or participate in fitness classes.
  • Have a bowling night and get together for a fun night with your friends.
  • Tell your partner when they look great and s/he will appreciate you have noticed.
  • Be supportive and offer to help with household chores so you both will have enough time to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment