We both share an interest in staying fit. We have been going to the gym together in the mornings before work. We do different types of workouts, he is a runner and I either walk briskly on the treadmill or do aerobics and zumba classes. We also both enjoy lifting weights. I know how easy it would be to fall into bad habits if we didn't encourage one another. There are days when we both wake up tired and decide to take a break and not go to the gym. I just know never to let one day turn into 3, 4, or 5 more days. It becomes a lot more difficult to get motivated to go back after a long absence.
Suggestions on ways to stay active and fit with your partner.
- Plan healthy menu options that you will both enjoy.
- Go to the gym and exercise together during the week.
- Try a new exercise class that looks fun which you both haven't tried.
- Compliment and encourage your partner when s/he has achieved fitness goals.
- Plan a weekend getaway at a resort where you can hike, bike, golf, or participate in fitness classes.
- Have a bowling night and get together for a fun night with your friends.
- Tell your partner when they look great and s/he will appreciate you have noticed.
- Be supportive and offer to help with household chores so you both will have enough time to exercise.