Pages

My Blog List

Saturday, December 31, 2011

25th Year College reunion- really?

Wow...it just can't be possible.  I received an invitation last week to attend my 25th year college reunion at my alma mater. It brings to mind the Talking Heads song I remember so well from the 1980's, "Once in a Lifetime".  Sometimes I have to pinch myself and ask "Well how did I get here?".  I don't feel like I am 46, let alone 4 years from the big 50.  I know when I graduated from college I thought people in their forties were, well...old. 

So how does my life stack up to where I thought I would be at this age?

On a positive note, I am at peace with myself at my current weight. I feel well and have been making the effort to exercise and stay physically fit. This helps me to cope better with stress and feel comfortable with my body.

I was fortunate to have met the love of my life the year I graduated from college and have been married 23 years.  Our children are growing up fast.  Our oldest daughter will be starting college in the fall of 2012. So yes, I did imagine that at my age I would be happily married with children.


Looking ahead, here are some things I would like to accomplish sometime during the next 20 years.  Yes, I will dare to dream.


Live in a foreign country.

Visit a haunted hotel.

Travel to Australia.

Take a cruise to Hawaii.

Take a road trip with friends.

Learn to Scuba Dive.

Go on an African safari.

Big dream - to own and manage a gym.

Build my dream house in a warm and sunny location.

Plan a reunion with my friends from college.


And how about you, what are some of your dreams and aspirations for the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment