Pages

My Blog List

Friday, December 9, 2011

Thoughts on Goals and Resolutions for 2012

I can't believe it's that time of year again. It is almost time to usher in the new year and say farewell to 2011. This has been a great year. I am back to work again after being a stay at home Mom to my 3 children for 13 years. It feels great to be out in the working world. I have a renewed sense of accomplishment and purpose. Of course in life nothing is ever perfect, and I have started to think about my goals and ambitions for the year ahead.

A helpful way to start the process is to begin answering questions which will help you focus on those areas where you would like to make some improvements.

What changes could you make in your diet to help you feel better and eat healthier?

Are there fitness challenges that you are facing which you would like to overcome?

What are some of your greatest personal weaknesses and have you thought about strategies to overcome them?

What are some areas in your life in which you might benefit by becoming more organized?

Are there some areas in which training or education might help you to improve your prospects at work?

One goal I have for 2012 is that I would like to hire a personal fitness trainer. I enjoy weight training but I am a little intimidated to join in the "Body Pump" class which my gym offers. It would help to have guidance on how best to workout with the free weights. I have also given thought to becoming a licensed physical trainer and it would be educational for me to see what a typical training session is like. I am hoping working with someone might challenge and motivate me to get the most from my workouts.

My other goal this year is to try to become more organized at home so that I will make more effective use of my time. This has become increasingly difficult now that I am back to work and I have more competing demands on my free time. The biggest challenge is staying organized enough so that I continue to find the time to exercise regularly.

What are some of your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment