Pages

My Blog List

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Do you buy or pack lunch for work?

Normally when I go to work I like to pack my lunch everyday.  I like to be in control of what I am eating and I know that I am eating healthy if I pack it myself.  I usually have a sandwich on whole wheat bread with mustard (usually turkey or ham), a yogurt (plain or sugar free), an apple, fresh berries, and a salad with light or fat free dressing.  Occasionally I will mix things up, but this is a typical idea of what I pack.

Occasionally with my job I am on the road and I just have to exercise some discretion of what I order when I am dining out.  Last week while on a road trip with my daughter, we stopped at a TGI Fridays.  I was happy to see that the nutritional information and calorie counts were provided for each dish.  I was suprised to see that several of the appetizers had more fat/calories than a typical entree!  At least now there is no mystery and you know exactly what you are getting.

I tried the Petite Sirloin which is listed as a RPRP (Right Portion, Right Price) option on the menu.  I enjoyed this dish and it came with steamed brocolli and ginger lime slaw.  At least options like these are available for people like me who are health conscious.   It takes the guesswork out of dining out!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment