Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Resuming workouts after an injury

This week I am bummed out, I sustained an an injury on Saturday after a fall.  I have discomfort on my left side and it is especially painful when I bend down to pick something up or sit down.  Little by little I am feeling stronger and hope to get back into my exercise routine by next week.  How soon is too soon to resume your workouts after an injury?

The worst part for me is that exercising is an integral part of my daily life.  I feel better emotionally as well as physically and I deal better with stress when I incorporate activity into my daily routine.   I am hoping to resume slowly next week with some yoga and stretching. This will depend on how I am feeling and what my doctor recommends.  At least I should be able to take long strolls around my neighborhood this week, as this is very uplifting to me emotionally.  I am missing my workouts and I hope to not be out of commission for too long.

For all my friends out there, what has helped you cope with an injury?  Did you ease back into exercise and avoid more strenuous workouts?  The good news is that after 5 days I am starting to feel that I am getting more of my strength back.

http://tinyurl.com/3dkcnqc

No comments:

Post a Comment