Pages

My Blog List

Monday, August 1, 2011

Coffee, the good, the bad, but why I just can't quit you!

I am consumed with trying to do what is best for my health.  But don't get me started on trying to give up my morning cup of joe!  I have heard all the reasons why I should give up drinking so much caffeine, it is a diuretic and promotes fluid loss, it has no nutritional value, it increases the risk of developing osteoporosis, and caffeine is just not good for your body. But I must confess that although I have tried to cut back, it is the one vice I indulge in on a regular basis that I truly enjoy.  I have become accustomed to drinking my coffee minus the sugar, with half and half.  

And for you other folks out there for whom health and fitness is a passion, what is a "guilty pleasure" that you would be hard pressed to give up?  Coffee is something I continue to consume in moderation because I can't imagine my life without it! 

And to be fair to the culprit that is coffee, here are a few reasons it might not be so bad for you.  People have been shown to have a lowered risk of Type 2 diabetes, caffeine may provide protection against Alzheimer's disease, and a cup of coffee represents a contribution of 1.8 grams of fiber to your daily intake just to name a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment