Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Making Healthy Choices while Traveling

Today I am taking my daughter on a campus tour of SUNY Binghamton. We drove from Buffalo, NY last night right after I got home from work. A challenging aspect of being away from home for me is watching what I eat and making sure I find the time to exercise.

Our hotel room stay includes continental breakfast which is great. Usually I can manage to pull a healthy breakfast together with the choices that are available.  Restaurant menus can be really tricky, and a challenging aspect is to make sure you know what you are getting. I can drive my husband crazy because I will ask the waitress 101 questions about how food is prepared before I make a decision. I am happy to see that more restaurants are now beginning to offer healthy options on their menus.

What are some tips that help you navigate a restaurant menu when trying to make healthy choices of what to eat?

Later we will make the drive to Port Washington, NY, for a planned tour of the campus of SUNY Stony Brook tomorrow. I look forward to the long walks I love taking in my hometown.  I think the people stay very fit there because they do a lot of walking and are health conscious. How much of our own attitudes about health and fitness are shaped by the people around us? It definitely helps me to be surrounded by positive people who are conscientious about their health and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment