Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Easing back into my exercise routine.

This has been a better week than I had expected.  I was not sure how I would feel after trying to resume my workouts.  I walked every night and went to my favorite yoga classes at the gym with my daughter.  I did mention my injury to the yoga instructor so she would not be surprised if I was unable to participate fully during the classes. 

Yes, there were some stretches that I had to modify because of the pain that I have been experiencing on the left side of my body.  Usually I am able to push myself to the limits with the stretching, but I had to keep myself in check so as to not to risk my recovery.  I am slowly beginning to feel more like myself again.  I am noticing much less pain when I wake up in the morning.  I really do believe in the positive benefits of exercise in how our bodies recover after an injury.  For me it is not only physical, but emotional.  I am much happier when I make the effort to include exercise as part of my day.

Things are starting to look up, and hopefully, I am just a few short weeks from feeling great again!

No comments:

Post a Comment