Pages

My Blog List

Monday, August 8, 2011

Taking positive steps toward a healthier lifestyle

Ephipany- A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.  Have you ever had a moment in your life when something suddenly becomes crystal clear and it motivated you to take action to make a change?

About 3 years ago I did not feel as well as I should have physically.  I took a drastic step and decided to make some huge changes in my diet and exercise routine.  I have eliminated sugar and junk food from my diet.  I have heard the chorus of "everything in moderation" but found that it just never worked for me.  Once I would have the taste of a cookie, I could never stop at just one.  For me now treats include greek yogurt with fruit or a nutrition bar only after reading the nutrition label carefully to make sure I understand what I am putting in my body.  Exercise classes at my local gym really help me feel connected to my community and I love working out with a group.

If you are looking for someone to cheer you on and celebrate your success, you have come to the right place.  I will be rooting for you and encouraging you every step of the way.  I know first hand how much better you can feel with modest changes in your diet and exercise regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment