Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to unwind after a stressful day

I had a stressful week at work and thought about the activities that help most to settle my nerves.  I work in accounting and occasionally after a long day of number crunching, I need an escape. Stress can be a factor leading to the development of future health problems, so it is important to manage it.  I love taking long walks alone, especially in the evening, just to reflect and think about the days' events.  I also love yoga because the stretching helps to melt away the tension that builds up in my body.  Here are a few suggestions of healthy activities to help reduce stress.  How do you unwind after a long day?

 1.    Take a yoga class.
 2.    Take a kickboxing class.
 3.    Watch a funny movie.
 4.    Take a bubble bath.
 5.    Meditate.
 6.    Take a long walk outside.
 7.    Clean or organize your home.
 8.    Go on a date with your significant other.
 9.    Dance your heart out.
10.   Get lost in a novel.
11.   Plan a weekend getaway.
12.   Take a hike in the woods.
13.   Pick up the phone and call an old friend.
14.   Meet a friend out for coffee or drinks
15.   Listen to soothing and relaxing music.
16.   Take a long nap.
17.   Go for a swim.
18.   Take a new fitness class.
19.   Have a girls night out.
20.   Plan a night free from the computer and cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment