I had a stressful week at work and thought about the activities that help most to settle my nerves. I work in accounting and occasionally after a long day of number crunching, I need an escape. Stress can be a factor leading to the development of future health problems, so it is important to manage it. I love taking long walks alone, especially in the evening, just to reflect and think about the days' events. I also love yoga because the stretching helps to melt away the tension that builds up in my body. Here are a few suggestions of healthy activities to help reduce stress. How do you unwind after a long day?
1. Take a yoga class.
2. Take a kickboxing class.
3. Watch a funny movie.
4. Take a bubble bath.
6. Take a long walk outside.
7. Clean or organize your home.
8. Go on a date with your significant other.
9. Dance your heart out.
10. Get lost in a novel.
11. Plan a weekend getaway.
12. Take a hike in the woods.
13. Pick up the phone and call an old friend.
14. Meet a friend out for coffee or drinks
15. Listen to soothing and relaxing music.
16. Take a long nap.
17. Go for a swim.
18. Take a new fitness class.
19. Have a girls night out.
20. Plan a night free from the computer and cell phones.