Pages

My Blog List

Friday, August 19, 2011

Facing your workout challenges

I love doing a variety of aerobics and zumba classes.  I must confess that my lack of coordination makes these types of workouts extremely challenging.  I know you have seen me, I am the one in class who is at least 2 steps behind everyone else.   I try to land a spot right up in the front so as not to miss a single step.  Although I mentally process what I should be doing, my body simply refuses to cooperate.  I feel like a 2000 pound gorilla wearing a tutu, clumsily out of step and time with the momentum of the class.

However, once I master the routines, which at times can take weeks,  I feel wonderful.  The workouts are a perfect way for me to challenge and test my physical limitations.  It is precisely what I need to do to try to improve in these areas.  One thing I do know is not lacking is my will and desire to stay in the best shape I can.  Hopefully a positive attitude and perseverence helps me overcome many of my shortcomings.

How have you been challenged by your workouts? What steps have you taken to try and overcome these limitations?

No comments:

Post a Comment