Pages

My Blog List

Saturday, August 13, 2011

On Staying Motivated to Workout and Exercise

We've all been there.  Maybe we have been putting too many hours in at work, we overindulge on a holiday meal, or just lack motivation.  What helps you to get back in the swing of your exercise regimen?

I love it during the summers when the weather is nice in Buffalo.  There are many ways to actively spend the day outdoors and exercise.  I love to walk on the riverwalk path in Niawanda Park alongside the Niagara River with my family in North Tonawanda on a beautiful summer day.   The summer months are not usually when I run into difficulty finding the time or energy to exercise.

The most difficult period of time for me is during the dreadfully long winters in Buffalo.  I have found the local gym where my family has a membership to be what helps out the most.  They offer a wide variety of classes and if I get bored, there are plenty of new ones to try.  Lately my 17 year old daughter has been joining me for the Tue/Thur. evening yoga classes.  There are many new classes I hope to try which are offered on their schedule.  One of these days I will have to make it to the Basic Training class!  Things will definitely get more hectic in the fall when the school activities resume, but I must remain committed to making the time for exercise.   I feel so much stronger and healthier when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment